If you appear to have a fault with your pedal please check the following:
1. Change USB port. The ones at the rear of the PC are best to use as these are powered ports. If you have been using one on the rear, try another as USB ports can sometimes lose their settings.
2. Try a different PC. This will determine whether the original PC is at fault or the pedal / software.
Please note. Pedals that have previously worked do not normally just stop working, hardware faults on these are uncommon and problems are more usually in PC or software.
3. Try the latest version of transcription program you are using.
4. Uninstall and re-install transcription software.
5. Check that the specification of your PC is correct for the software, sometimes if your PC is running slow the software will not respond as quickly as you would like.
As foot pedals are classed as consumable items they are not covered by any manufacturers warranty, however should there be any fault within a reasonable amount of time of supplying you we will replace it. If we find there is no fault with the returned pedal you will be responsible for the cost of sending back the pedal, which is why we suggest the above before contacting us.